Notice of Annual General Meeting
NOTICE IS GIVEN that the ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of The International Association of Professional Accounting (the “Company”) will be held on Thursday 25th June 2020 at Unit 5 Tannery Road, Tonbridge, Kent TN9 1RFto consider the following resolutions. Resolutions 1 to 2 will be proposed as ordinary resolutions. Resolution 3 is a special resolution.
- To receive the report and accounts for the year ended 31 December 2019.
- To re-elect Andrew Peter Carlsson as a director who is due to retire by rotation
- THAT the Articles of Association presented to this meeting and, for the purposes of identification, initialled by the Chairman of the meeting, be adopted as the new Articles of Association of the Company with immediate effect in substitution for and to the exclusion of all existing Articles of Association of the Company.
|By order of the Council
Chair of Council
3rd June 2020
Suite 5, 20 Churchill Square,
Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent
- In view of the current Stay at Home Measures enacted by the UK Government in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, members will not be permitted to attend the Annual General Meeting in person and anyone seeking to attend will be refused entry, unless the measures are lifted by the date of the meeting. The format of the meeting will involve the minimum possible number of attendees in person to allow the meeting to take place in accordance with legal requirements. Members should vote by proxy and are asked to appoint the Chair of the meeting as their proxy, rather than a named person who will not be permitted to attend the meeting.
- A member entitled to vote at the meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to vote at the meeting in their place. A proxy does not need to be a member of the Company. To appoint a proxy, please complete the proxy form, following the instructions about its completion and return.
Andrew Carlsson is the Strategic Academic Advisor of the ICB, the largest bookkeeping awarding body in southern Africa. He is also the Strategic Advisor of the ICBA, a Bookkeeping and Accounting professional body (ICBA), as well as Strategic Advisor of ITH, the southern African representative of the leading UK's awarding body in travel and hospitality, the Confederation of Tourism and Hospitality. Andrew is a Director of the International Association of Bookkeepers (IAB) and a Director of (IAAP).